← HostLaunch Docs
When using HostLaunch, there are some things to keep in mind that will make your experience, as well as your customers' experience, better.
Keeping Services Synchronized
- Never modify or destroy any servers/apps in ServerPilot or DigitalOcean that were created by HostLaunch. This will cause HostLaunch and its connected services to become out-of-sync. If a server has been deleted in ServerPilot or DigitalOcean, it will still exist in HostLaunch and continue to be billed for, but the customer will not be able to modify it.
- Changes directly made in ServerPilot or DigitalOcean do not sync back to HostLaunch. If you create a server in ServerPilot, it will not appear in HostLaunch. All resources to be used in HostLaunch must be created through HostLaunch.
Setting Server Pricing
- When setting server pricing, make sure to account for all of your costs: ServerPilot; DigitalOcean; SendGrid; Stripe fees; marketing costs; staff; chargebacks; support costs.
- ServerPilot has a per-app cost, so make sure to factor that into the pricing of the server and when setting the maximum number of sites per server.
- Familiarize yourself with how HostLaunch's subscription pricing works.
Last updated: March 24, 2020