Effective May 1, 2019
When we refer to "HostLaunch", "we", "us", or "our", that means Less Bits, Inc., the company that owns and operates HostLaunch and its Affiliates. We're headquartered in the United States.
For the purposes of this Policy:
- "Websites" refers to hostlaunch.io as well as any other websites HostLaunch owns and that link to this Policy. For clarity, "Websites" does not include any sites owned or operated by our Customers.
- "Customers" are those who register on their own or on behalf of an entity or organization to use our Services.
- "End Users" means individuals who visit our Customers' websites.
1. OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
We keep your personal information personal and private. We will not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone except as necessary to provide our services or as otherwise described in this Policy without first providing you with notice and the opportunity to consent.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Name, Email Address, and Other Contact Information. We collect personal information you provide us when you sign up for our Services, submit forms on our websites, and send us support or sales inquiry emails.
User Content. Our websites may offer publicly accessible forums or discussion sections. If you choose to participate in any of these areas, any information you post in the area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. If you wish to remove your personal information from any these areas, please see Your Data Rights below.
Log Files. When you visit our Websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include but is not limited to IP addresses, browser version information, and URLs of referring pages.
Server Usage and Contents. For servers you use with our Service or install our software on, we may collect and monitor information about the server, including hardware information, configuration information, network traffic, and file contents. We use this data for the purposes described in this Policy such as to operate, improve, and personalize the Services, provide customer support, protect the security and safety of our Customers, and develop aggregate analysis.
Customer Account Information. When you register for a HostLaunch account, we collect your email address. Once registered, you may provide additional information to help us identify you.
Payment Information. When you sign up for one of our paid Services, you must provide billing information. For example, if you pay with a credit card, we will collect your card information which we store with a third-party payment processor such as Stripe.
3. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information depends on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. We normally will collect personal information from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) we need your personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Services you have requested), or (c) the processing is in our legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, protecting the safety and security of our Services and our Customers, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. Please note that in most cases, if you do not provide the requested information, HostLaunch will not be able to provide the requested service to you.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
4. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HostLaunch only processes personal information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized. We may use the information we collect (including personal information, to the extent applicable) to:
- provide, operate, maintain, improve, personalize, and promote the Website and Services;
- enable you to access and use the Website and Services;
- process and complete invoice payments;
- send transactional messages, including to provide customer support, and send you technical notices and security alerts;
- send commercial communications, in accordance with your communication preferences, such as providing you with information about products and services;
- monitor and analyze usage for marketing or advertising purposes;
- comply with legal obligations as well as to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
Information from Third Party Services. We may combine information we collect as described above with personal information we obtain from third parties. For example, for sales inquiries, we may combine information provided by you with information from third parties in order to better market our services to you.
5. INFORMATION SHARING
We work with other companies who help us run our business ("Service Providers"). These companies provide services to help us deliver customer support, process credit card payments, provide marketing support, and otherwise operate and improve our Services. You can find a list of our sub-processors at https://hostlaunch.io/gdpr/subprocessors.
In addition to sharing with Service Providers as described above, we may also share your information with others in the following circumstances:
- with HostLaunch's Affiliates (other services owned and operated by Less Bits, Inc.);
- when we are required to disclose personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- where we have a good-faith belief sharing is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Service Agreement, or as otherwise required to comply with our legal obligations;
- as you may otherwise consent to from time to time.
HostLaunch has potential liability for onward transfers of personal data to third parties.
We do not sell, rent, or share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
6. DATA AGGREGATION
HostLaunch may aggregate data we acquire about our Customers and their End Users, including the Log Data and Server Usage and Contents described above. For example, we may assemble data to determine whether attacks are being performed against servers and applications of our Customers or their End Users, to identify common applications and application versions, to identify server and application performance profiles, or to compile information and statistics for informational or marketing purposes.
7. INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERS
We store your information in the United States. If you are accessing or using our Websites or Services or otherwise providing information to us, you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal information to the United States. HostLaunch is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, HostLaunch commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact HostLaunch at:
Attention: Data Protection Officer
P.O. Box 66
HostLaunch has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. Additionally, an individual may be allowed to invoke binding arbitration through a Privacy Shield Panel to resolve disputes under certain limited conditions.
8. YOUR DATA RIGHTS
Regardless of country, you can always contact us if you wish to exercise your data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time.
- Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you have the right to object.
- You have the right to access, correct, update, export, or delete your personal information.
- You can access, correct, update, or export your account information by editing your profile at https://hostlaunch.io.
- To delete your account information or make any other personal information requests, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. YOUR CHOICES
You can use some of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
You may unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us. If you wish to do so, simply follow the instructions found at the end of the email. Even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes.
10. COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
11. DATA SECURITY, DATA INTEGRITY, AND ACCESS
We take all reasonable steps to protect information we receive from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We have put in place appropriate technical and administrative measures to safeguard and secure your information, and we make use of technologies such as encryption to increase privacy and security.
12. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
13. BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
We may assign or transfer this Policy, as well as information covered by this Policy, in the event of a merger, sale, change in control, or reorganization of all our part of our business.
14. CONTACT INFORMATION